Lance CPA Group, a virtual CPA firm based in Chicago, is looking for a sales and customer success associate to join our growing firm. This position is a part time position that could grow into full time work in the future and will report to our Director of Operations.
Lance CPA Group is a “boutique” certified public accounting firm. We leverage today’s best technologies to support innovative clients with their financials. Specifically, we tap the power of cloud-based solutions to deliver:
Headquartered in Chicago, we cater to a niche target audience: craft breweries and tech-centric startup companies located right here but also beyond our vibrant city. We’ve made it our business to get to know these types of businesses, pairing our expertise to meet their unique demands and to help ensure their financial well-being.
In addition to working with these innovative niche clients with customized solutions, we provide CPA and tax services for small businesses, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and individuals who have a passion for developing their businesses in progressive, future-focused ways.
This position is a newly created position. This means that exact roles and responsibilities that you will have may change as needed and may be different than what is described below. We need someone that can handle the flexibility this position requires. This position will also require the person to take ownership over certain areas of the firm with minimal supervision. You will have the latitude to create and innovate within this position. You will not be doing the same things each day. Here are some of the job responsibilities envisioned for this position.
- Finding new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and networking with potential customers.
- Qualify leads and handle the initial sales call with potential customers.
- Work with our existing customers to maintain our relationship, ensure their needs are being met and obtain ways to provide additional services to our clients.
- Maintain a prospects list and contact prospects through outbound sales strategies
- Closing sales with the assistance of the Director of Operations and Managing Director
- Finding new ways to impact our Craft Brewery niche
This role will average 10-15 hours a week to start and grow to 20-25 hours per week. Some weeks it may be less than that, some it may be more than that. This position will start immediately.
This is a flex time position, so while we do not offer traditional benefits, we offer benefits that similar firms do not offer part time employees.
- We are a Results Oriented Work Environment. You get to work from home. During your initial onboarding to our firm, you will be required to work onsite at our Chicago or Westmont offices or through a virtual work arrangement during the first two weeks at minimum. Once you are fully onboarded, you can work from home on a schedule that is flexible to you.
- After six months you will be able to join our company 401k plan. We match up to 6% of your salary and you will be eligible for firm profit sharing.
- Technology stipend will be given after one year of service and annually thereafter. Other technology needs may be provided by the firm as needed. You will receive a work laptop and option to purchase a second monitor.
- Other benefits include life insurance, long term disability, and our flex-time sick time policy that provide up to 40 hours a year in additional pay to make up for sick time.
We expect the person who fills the position to have the following skills and abilities
- Flexible: The work that is performed will change and won’t be the same day to day. You will need to be able to adjust on the fly.
- Responsible: This position would mean that you would be working from home with minimal supervision. While you will get to work on your schedule, you will be responsible for meeting agreed upon deadlines and timeframes for performing the work. Someone who is self-motivated is a plus for this position.
- Work Independently: You will for the most part be working alone. You will need to be comfortable working in that type of environment.
- Tech Savvy: All of the applications we use are cloud based and there are a lot of them. You will need to be able to pick up and work with multiple applications and understand how different applications talk and work with each other. On the adoption curve, we are definitely early adopters and you will need to be one as well.
- Superb Communication Skills: You will usually be the first person a potential customer talks to at our company, therefore, superb communication skills is required to represent our company well.
- Good Customer Service Skills: Your job doesn't end when when the sale is closed. Working with our customers to make sure they are being cared for well.
- Understand the confidential nature of the work being performed: The nature of this business is that we will be handling a lot of confidential information. We have security measures in place for this information, however, human error can make our security measures meaningless. You will be responsible for ensuring that the confidential information that you touch remains secure.
- Quick Learner: We expect that you will be able to pick things up quickly and be willing to learn new things on the fly.
The Experience Needed
We expect the person who fills this position to have the following experience:
- College degree required
- Need to have at least two year of sales experience and proven track records of closing sales
- Knowledge of either the accounting industry and/or the craft brewery industry a plus
- Need to demonstrate proficiency in technology. Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency is required.
We also expect this person to have regular internet access as all of our applications are cloud based.
In order to apply and interview for this position, you will need to do the following:
- Fill out the application online and upload your resume.
- Provide two non-related references
We will review the information you provide and narrow down our selection. We will inform you via email whether you will be moving on in the process. The formal interview process will be completed via Skype, Google Hangout or in person. The formal interview will last approximately 30-45 minutes